- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Extension Manager (ext:extensionmanger)
- Release Date: December 17, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Directory Traversal
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.29, 9.0.0-9.5.11 and 10.0.0-10.2.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1:AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:C/CR:L/IR:L/AR:L/MAV:L/MAC:X/MPR:X/MUI:X/MS:X/MC:X/MI:X/MA:X
It has been discovered that the extraction of manually uploaded ZIP archives in Extension Manager is vulnerable to directory traversal.
Admin privileges are required in order to exploit this vulnerability. Since TYPO3 v9 LTS, System Maintainer privileges are required as well.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.30 or 9.5.12 or 10.2.2 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Kai Ullrich (Code White GmbH) who reported this issue and to TYPO3 framework merger Andreas Fernandez who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.