- Release Date: December 17, 2019
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site-Request-Forgery
- Affected Versions: 1.4.1 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: Not assigned yet
The extension fails to implement a CSRF protection for update password action.
An updated version 1.5.0 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Note: In case template Edit.html has been modified individually, you must add <f:form.hidden property="changeHmac" /> right after the <f:form> tag in your template.
Credits go to Security Team Member Torben Hansen who discovered and reported the vulnerability.